World Water Day 2014 on Instagram
Around the world, 1.2 billion people—nearly a fifth of the planet—lack access to clean water. To call attention to the plight, the United Nations designated March 22 as World Water Day. Here are just a few of the many people and organizations on Instagram working to raise awareness about water issues around the globe:
- water.org (@water) - Working with hundreds of communities in Africa, South Asia and Central America to provide access to safe water and sanitation. Collaborating with Benjamin Heath (@benjaminheath), Steph Goralnick (@sgoralnick) and Simone Bramante (@brahmino) to share scenes from Kenya on Instagram.
- Balazs Gardi (@balazsgardi) - Photojournalist who has spent the past decade documenting the effects of the unfolding global water crisis.
- charity: water (@charitywater) - A non-profit organization on a mission to bring clean and safe drinking water to every person on the planet. Currently working with Vik Muniz (@vikmuniz) and Students Rebuild (@studentsrebuild) to bring clean water to over 16,000 people in Tanzania.
- Corey Arnold (@arni_coraldo) - Photographer and fisherman documenting glaciers for Project Pressure (@projectpressure) to create the world’s first interactive glacier archive in order to better understand climate change.
- Hurley H2O (@hurley_h2o) - Hurley’s water initiative striving alongside Waves for Water (@wavesforwater) to provide clean water for everyone.
- WaterAid (@wateraid) - Bringing water, sanitation and hygiene education to where it is needed most for over 30 years.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (@montereybayaquarium) - California aquarium with a mission to inspire conservation of the oceans.
BREAKING: Young entrepreneurs discovered on Lefferts Place, between Classon and Grand. By employing aggressively low price points, these titans of industry have competitively positioned themselves in the nail painting industry. However, “customers aren’t coming,” most likely due to the flagging economy and unrest in Eastern Europe. However, there is still time for things to turn around. The business will remain open until 6 PM, “if it’s OK with Grandma.”
i was working on commissions and was suddenly overcome with feelings for these two so i had to do a quick doodly thing
Apple download - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aspire-news/id733163167?mt=8
Android download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.collectiveray.aspire
Possibly, but I’m not sure myself.